Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Silver Free Form Geode Resin Pour

It's so hard to get pictures of these resin pours.  

The big white blob toward the bottom right corner is glare........

This was also a free form geode.  We both thought that the one that I did for my niece turned out good.  So my husband made me another frame for this one.  

The silver free form geode stopped at the dark gray stones.  

The dark gray stones where pushed up next to the silver free form geode.  Then 3 different colors of broken glass after that.  I put some of the large glitter in a couple of areas.  Formed another smaller looking geode out of stones in the bottom left corner.  Mixed resin with some mica powders and filled in the other areas.

Did basically the same thing on this one by adding more glitter, spritzing with alcohol inks and dribbling with silicone.




this picture has a shadow of my arms up in the air along with 2 glare spots


On this frame my husband made, I used white chalk paint and dry brushed some dark gray and moss green.

I ended up adding 2 more layers of resin to this one to be able to coat the top of the stones.


One thing about resin............You never know how your final picture is going to end up.  I have hated several of the ones I worked on.  I poured the resin, then messed with them until they started to get too tacky.

Using the silicone and alcohol inks - plus a heat gun has changed them into pictures that I ended up liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment