Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Old Cabinet Door Resin Pour

My husband brought home this cabinet door.  He said, I thought you might could use it in one of your crafts.  So, I did.

I sealed the interior edges so that my resin would not leak out........  because believe me........resin will find a pin hole and be all over the place.  Ask me how I know!

I used several colors of mica powders.  And several colors of glitters.  Mixing up small cups of the colors.  I poured them onto the cabinet door.

Of course I sprinkled on extra glitter to the larger color areas to break up the big color splotches.

Before the resin had time to set, I went around some of the color edges and used some gold and silver beads.

After this layer dried, I used my silver and gold paint pens to paint lines.  Then a final coat of resin was poured on.




And finished.  Painted the edges in a metallic gold paint.



No comments:

Post a Comment