Friday, March 22, 2019

Pink Free Form Geode Resin Pour Picture

The free form part is from the fushia pink glitter ring toward the stones in the middle.

I used silicone caulk and to make a design on a piece of plastic.  Then I poured the resin over the center stones and poured the rings with resin mixed with color and glitter.

After I took it loose from the silicone it was a thin geode disc of sparkly, glittery resin.

I decided to frame the free form geode.   My husband built the awesome frame.  I used Ballet Pink Chalk Paint and smudged it with a little white.  My husband also suggested smudging a little green on it too.

I then mixed up some more resin and added mica powders to several cups and pour resin around the free form geode.  After I had the colors poured, I sprinkled on some extra glitter in some places.  I also dotted the resin with some colored alcohol inks and finally with some silicone oil.

The silicone oil creates feathering and whirls in the resin.



The oil will work it's way to the top of the resin.  Before pouring more resin, I clean the surface of all oil or the next layer of resin won't flow correctly.

So once it was dried and cleaned, I applied a final clear coat of resin to seal in the glitter I sprinkled on top.  This also gives the lower layer more depth.



outside in the light so you can see more of the color and texture in the resin

No comments:

Post a Comment