Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Resin Art #1 - Turquoise/Blue/Gray Geode - Experiment in Resin





in the sun




board was prepped by roughly painting a geode
white/light blue/medium blue and dark blue areas
100% silicone was caulked on to create a dam around each color
3" Scotch Tape was put around the edges of the board to create a border

resin was mixed per package
each cup received the 2 parts of resin - glitter - mica powder and some received acryllic paint
I used 5 cups and made 5 colors of resin/glitter - light silver, light blue, Turquoise blue, Dark Blue and a dark gray
1/2 gem marbles that had been cracked (heated then cooled) were broken up

starting at the center, I poured the lightest resin and added some of the broken 1/2 gem marbles
In the very center I added silver leaf foil and worked it into the resin with a craft stick
resin was added to the entire piece - from light to dark resin
the gray was worked into each section

there are several colors of 1/2 gem marbles on the piece
also, there are several different colors of glitter that was sprinkled on after all the resin was poured

I liked my first attempt at using resin.  I'm looking forward to my next piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment