Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Sea Glass and shell mosaic

I found this trivet at a garage sale

It was originally going to be used in a table wreath, but then I decided I didn't want to take up the counter space for it to sit on



Here it is with all the tesserae put on
There will be no grout
I painted the board with metallic glitter paint and sprinkled on extra silver glitter



After taking it outside for the above photo, I thought the trivet looked boring


I pulled out my collection of Vintaj Patina paints for metal

and added some color to the trivet


I like it better and it seems to blend with the other colors better


materials used on this project:
a metal trivet
seashells from my sister
half gem small and large marbles
glass pearls
sea glass and tumbled glass
several pieces of garage sale jewelry

No comments:

Post a Comment