Wednesday, August 22, 2018

A different pour experiment

this one was done using clear glue.  The lady doing the youtube video claimed this was a way to get a resin pour without the high cost of buying resin.  Not even close to me.


I mixed gold, green and silver glitter in the glue
Also used were stones, broken 1/2 gem marbles in different colors and mother of pearl pieces

I made this one on a piece of luan wood.  It soaked up the glue and started to separate into layers around a couple of places on the edge of the wood.  Probably would have worked better on birch.  But the luan was too thin.

I don't like that the glue flattened out so much.  I like how resin stands up and your inclusions can be seen thru the resin.

this picture with no flash



picture with flash




No comments:

Post a Comment